Sep 29, 2008

Value

I used to think that I am unimportant, to the point where I can wholeheartedly admit that I can die at any point in my life and I would have no regrets. Why? Because I live my life fullest to the point where I leave no marks of regrets. Yea, everyone looks back and wishes that they had done things differently. Well I'd rather spend time thinking how i would do things differently in the future than worry about what happened. Learning from it, yes, losing sleep over it, no. That's how the no regret, I can die anytime thing came on.

I always told myself that unless I get kids, otherwise there are no responsibilities big enough to a point where I cant be replaced. Honestly, unless you are a major political figure or mother teresa, chances are that the regular day you and me can be replaced at any point. Imagine your boss hired someone else to take your place. There would be that 1-2 months training period but ultimately, you can be replaced.

It gets really depressing if I continue. How should we value ourselves / our existence then? The question may seem pretty big but you should really just look at two things. 1 - From the impact you made and 2 - by the people around you. I am not going to talk about 1 because i would be opening a new topic (when I am trying to close this). I didn't really realize how important I am to people around me until I am now in London. I was too young to grasp my value when I left for the US 15+ years ago, but this time I really feel it. There are just so much I can do for the people waiting for me in HK now.

I cant die just yet... not until I go back to HK and put smiles in all your faces.

No comments: